Courgette fritters (Kolokithokeftedes)
- courgettes: 1 kg, small, tender
- spring onions: 6 finely chopped
- dill: 4-5 tablespoons, finely chopped
- mint: 3 tablespoons, finely chopped
- flour: 4-5 tablespoons
- breadcrumbs: 3 tablespoons, crushed
- pepper freshly ground
- olive oil for frying
Grate the courgettes and place in a colander. Salt and allow to drain. From time to time, press with the palms of your hands to get rid of juices.
Finely chop the onions, dill and mint. Put the grated courgettes in a bowl and add the herbs. Mix the flour with the breadcrumbs and add the courgettes. Add salt and pepper. Make small patties and fry them in hot olive oil, drain on a piece of kitchen roll and serve immediately.