Spetzofai with beans from Pelion
- sausage with leek : 600 gr.
- olive oil: 3 tbs.
- onion: 1 coarsely chopped
- garlic: 2 cloves of finely chopped
- leek: 1 sliced
- celery: 6 stalks, finely chopped
- red or green pepper: 1 cut into strips
- mushrooms: 160 gr. sliced
- red wine: 100 ml
- beans : 400 gr. cooked
- tomato juice: 600 gr. concentrated
- tomatoes: 200 gr. finely chopped
- vegetable stock cube: 1 in 450 gr. hot water
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat the oil in a non-stick pot and sauté the leek, mushrooms, onion and garlic until they wilt (5 minutes).
Add the sausage cut into large pieces and continue to sauté for a while more, turning the pieces until they colour and have been cooked through.
Pour in the wine. Add the peppers and then the tomato juice, tomatoes, celery, salt and pepper and the hot water.
Boil for 10 minutes.
Add the beans and boil for a further 10 minutes. Serve hot.