Souvlakia with vegetables
- 750g pork fillet
- 2 aubergines, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded, cut into pieces
- 1 green pepper, deseeded, cut into pieces
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 4 ripe tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6 tbsp olive oil, plus a little more to serve
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground salt and pepper
Sprinkle the aubergines with saltand leave the to drain in asieve for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, assemble the skewers by alternating between pork, onion, tomatoes, bay leaves, and peppers. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper, then brush on the crushed garlic. Sprinkle with olive oil.
Grill the souvlakia (on the grill or barbecue) for 15 minutes, turning as needed. Spread the aubergine slices onto the grill as well, after youve rinsed them from the salt. Serve warm, with a sprinkling with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.