Sfugato from Lesbos Island
- courgettes (zucchini): 4-5
- olive oil: 1/3 cup
- feta: 250 gr crumbled
- dill (or parsley): plenty, finely chopped
- eggs: 6
- bread crumbs: 1-2 tablespoons
- fresh onion: 4, finely chopped
- pepper: ½ teaspoon freshly ground
Grate the courgettes, sprinkle with some salt and allow to drain in a colander for one hour. In a bowl, mix the grated courgettes with the cheese, bread crumbs, onions, dill or parsley and pepper. Beat the eggs and add to the courgette mixture.
Βake like an omelet in a pan or like the local people in the oven at 180° C for approximately 50 minutes until the surface is golden brown.