"Kleftiko" with goat's cheese
- 1 1/2 kg leg of lamb or goat, with the fat trimmed, whole or cut into cubes
- 250g feta, cut into cubes
- 300g goat's cheese
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 pieces of parchment paper
Salt and pepper the meat, add garlic and wine and leave overnight, covered in the fridge.
The next day, preheat the oven to 170°C. Add the tomato and cheeses to the meat and mix.
Grease the parchment paper pieces with butter and make small pouches of meat with them. Place in a baking dish with some water in it. Bake for 2 1/2 hours and leave to cool. Serve by inside the paper pouches.