Egg-free, dairy-free cake with tahini
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup roughly chopped walnuts, plus a little more for sprinkling
- 1 cup currants
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup honey or orange marmelade
- 1 (500g) packet self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1tsp cinnamon
- a little bit of cloves
- 250g confectioner's chocolate
In a bowl, mix the orange juice, the sugar, and the tahini. Add the water and continue mixing.
In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients. Add them to the tahini mixture and mix well. Transfer the cake mixture into a greased cake mould and bake at 170 for 40-45 minutes.
In a water bath, melt the chocolate. Remove the cake from the mould, pour the chocoloate over it, sprinkle with walknuts and serve.